Toka Loka Games
Based in Athens, Greece
Goo Saga is a platform adventure game that takes place in a hidden underwater lab, where a reclusive genius scientist seeks to create life for his own enigmatic reasons. After many failed attempts, he succeeds in creating Goo, a strange creature with elastic properties. The scientist soon disappears mysteriously and Goo embarks οn a perilous journey through the sunken laboratory, in an effort to find his creator – and with him, the purpose of his own creation. Will Goo succeed? Throughout the game, the player is invited to guide Goo and solve puzzles, avoid deadly traps and face an army of foes that threaten to bring an end to his quest. Goo’s destiny is in the player’s hands.
Goo can be in one of three states: Deflated, Normal, and Inflated, each one conferring different advantages. The player may choose which is the most suitable for each situation Goo faces, as the game progresses. Finally, the player may collect crystals by completing levels in different modes (Normal, Survival, Time Trial). Crystals are important as they may be used to enhance Goo’s various abilities in order to get through levels of increased difficulty. Free access to a powerful level editor allows the player to extend Goo’s journey of discovery in unprecedented directions.
The idea behind Goo’s Saga goes back to a prototype for mobile devices we developed in 2011, where the player controlled a purple elastic ball by swiping a finger on the screen. The prototype itself was inspired by an older game called Gish. In early 2015 we re-examined this prototype and rapidly embraced the idea of developing a game around the cute purple ball. Soon, the purple ball evolved into a far more gifted and endearing character named Goo and the scope of the game grew to that of a full-story driven platform arcade game.
- 3 different states of Goo’s elasticity controlled by the player: Deflated, Normal, and Inflated.
- 20 levels, each to be completed in 3 different modes: Normal, Survival, and Time Trial, plus 4 epic boss battles; each mode requires a different gameplay strategy.
- Captivating atmosphere with HD graphics and gameplay.
- 18 atmospheric soundtracks.
- Sophisticated level design with meticulously planned alterations between puzzle solving and platform based gaming sections.
- 12 types of robot enemies.
- Crystals collected through successful completion of the levels and used to enhance Goo’s abilities.
- 8 upgradable character abilities that help Goo in his adventure.
- Colourful blobs which are found and collected by the player to complete the Normal mode of each level.
- Enticing storyline delivered through in-game cut scenes.
- 2 different endings.
- Powerful level editor to create your own levels.
- Online server where you can upload your levels or download, play and rate other players’ levels.
Level Editor YouTube
Logo & Icon
Made with Unity page
Collective Square-Enix Entry
About Toka Loka Games
Toka Loka Games is an indie game development company of nine. We are very passionate about game development and our vision is to create high quality atmospheric games that will entertain as well as offer a memorable gaming experience.
More information on Toka Loka Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Goo Saga Credits
Audio Engineer / Music composer
Lead Designer / Animator / Programmer